Terms of Website Use
This website provides brief information and an overview about Abdul Latif Jameel for Coolite.co Company limited.
The term “Abdul Latif Jameel” refers broadly to several distinct, separate and independent legal entities whose interests encompass car import and distribution, heavy equipment, consumer financing, consumer goods, real estate, environment and energy. Abdul Latif Jameel is not itself a corporate entity, association or conglomerate run by an overarching parent company but merely refers to a group of distinct and wholly separate legal entities that are collectively referred to as Abdul Latif Jameel. Abdul Latif Jameel is not a corporate group as defined in section 1161(5) of the Companies Act 2006.
The Coolite.co is a website owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel IPR Company Limited, a limited company registered in Jersey under company number 111739 and whose registered office is 15 Esplanade St Helier Jersey JE1 1RB (“Company”).
The Company has sole responsibility for the content included on the Coolite.co.
Information about Abdul Latif Jameel
For any enquiries related to any particular entity mentioned on the Coolite.co or for any specific enquiries related to Abdul Latif Jameel’s interests in car import and distribution, heavy equipment, consumer financing, consumer goods, real estate, environment and energy, please email email@example.com
The actual corporate arrangements of the companies permitted under license to display the name and logo of the Abdul Latif Jameel is complex and varied. Such corporate arrangements are not intended to be, nor are, dealt with in detail through the information on the Coolite.co. The information is provided as an approximate guide only.
Other Applicable Terms
- nand disclaimer
Accessing and Using the Coolite.co
It is not guaranteed that the Coolite.co, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Coolite.co is permitted on a temporary “as is” basis. All or any part of the Coolite.co, without notice, may be suspended, withdrawn, discontinued or changed. Abdul Latif Jameel will not be liable to you if for any reason the Coolite.co is unavailable (temporarily or permanently) at any time or for any period.
You may use the Coolite.co only for lawful purposes. You acknowledge and agree you may not use the Coolite.co:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards (see below).
- To post advertisements or to promote third party websites.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also acknowledge and agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate copy or re-sell any part of the co in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use.
- Not to direct web traffic away from the co.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Coolite Website;
- any equipment (including any server) or network on which the co is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the co;
- any server, computer or database connected to the co; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to misuse the co by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Not to attack the co via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence, e.g. under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Abdul Latif Jameel may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Coolite.co may be ceased immediately.
- Not to disguise or interfere in any way with the IP address of the computer you are using to access the co or otherwise take steps to prevent the identification of the actual IP address of the computer you are using whilst accessing the Coolite.co.
Abdul Latif Jameel does not guarantee that the Coolite.co will be secure or free from bugs, viruses or other technologically harmful material. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs, software and platform in order to access the Coolite.co in a manner you deem appropriate and secure. You should use your own virus protection software.
Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and there is a risk, therefore, that any message or information sent via the Coolite.co should be treated as non-confidential and may be intercepted and potentially read by others. Abdul Latif Jameel will have no liability to you in respect of any transmissions you send to it and you do so entirely at your own risk.
Intellectual Property Rights and Using the Content of the Coolite.co
The Company is the owner or the licensee of the Coolite.co, all content of the Coolite Website, all the material published on the Coolite.co, any Abdul Latif Jameel newsletter, updates, e-shots and emails and any Abdul Latif Jameel social media or informational updates and/or postings (“Content”), and all intellectual property rights in the Content. The Content is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are fully reserved by the Company.
Abdul Latif Jameel businesses own rights throughout the world in various trade marks (registered and unregistered), service marks, graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (“Coolite Trade Marks”)
Any unauthorized use of any of the Coolite Trade Marks will constitute a violation of the Abdul Latif Jameel business’ rights in the Coolite Trade Marks. Your use of the Coolite.co grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Coolite Trade Marks or third party trademarks.
Any copying or downloading of any Content will not transfer title to that Content to you nor grant you any license to use that Content for non-personal purposes. You must not use any part of the Content for non-personal purposes, such as commercial purposes, without obtaining a prior written license to do so from the Company, which will be granted in the Company’s absolute discretion.
- You must not exploit the whole or part of any Content without the Company’s prior written permission (to be determined in its absolute discretion) including (but not limited to):
- you must not modify copies of any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way;
- you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- you must not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from copied or downloaded Content;
- you must not use the Content in any way which is fraudulent or unlawful;
- you must not rely on the Content as being entirely accurate, complete or up to date; and/or
Where the Coolite.co contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The Company has, unless explicitly indicated otherwise, no control over the content of those sites or resources and has no rights in the content of those sites or in the resources. The Company assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Coolite.co. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Abdul Latif Jameel of those linked websites.
You must not link to the Coolite.co home page without the Company’s prior written permission to be determined in its absolute discretion. The Coolite.co must not be framed on any other site.
In the event you are granted prior written permission to link to the Coolite.co home page, you must:
- only link to the co home page;
- only link in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Company’s and/or Abdul Latif Jameel’s reputation nor takes advantage of that reputation;
- not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Abdul Latif Jameel where none exists;
- not establish a link to the co in any website not owned by you; and
- Ensure the website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards (see below).
The Company reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
From time to time, informational updates and other interactive services may be provided on the Coolite.co (“Interactive Services” or “Platform”). The Platform will provide information about the goods and services provided by Abdul Latif Jameel businesses. The Platform is operated, controlled and moderated by the Abdul Latif Jameel PR and media team. Abdul Latif Jameel does not review and approve content included within the Platform prior to such content going live. Abdul Latif Jameel does not actively monitor and will not censor content, except in circumstances detailed in the Content Standards (see below).
Where another Interactive Service is provided, clear information will be provided about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
There is no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service and liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by a user in contravention of the Content Standards (see below) is expressly excluded, whether the Interactive Service is moderated or not. However, attempts will be made to assess possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Service. Also, it will be decided in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
The use of any of the Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. Parents are advised that it is important they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool-proof. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Please refer to the terms below which address use of the Coolite.co by children.
Where an Interactive Service is moderated, you can contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org Should a concern or difficulty arise with the Interactive Service or its content.
The content standards below (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Coolite.co (“Contribution”), and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the Content Standards. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the England and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain profanity or other material which would upset or offend others.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, culture, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Abdul Latif Jameel or any of its members, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Engage in spam, malware, phishing or what may constitute spamming based on the latest tricks or tactics of spammers.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent suspension and/or withdrawal of your right to use the co.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the co.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities.
To report and alleged violation of the Content Standards, please email email@example.com
No Reliance on Information
The Coolite.co provides brief information and an overview about Abdul Latif Jameel. The Coolite.co provides no information which can be used for investment and/or transactional decisions. The Content is provided for information only and is of a general and approximate nature and it is not intended to amount to, nor is, information or advice on which you should rely. In particular the Content does not constitute professional, financial or investment advice. Professional or specialist advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the Content.
In providing information about Abdul Latif Jameel, the Company is not acting, nor is it seeking to act, as a broker or dealer in respect of any securities of any companies or the information concerning such companies.
It is not guaranteed that the Coolite.co, or any content on it, will be free from errors, inaccuracies or omissions. It is your responsibility to check any Content is accurate and/or complete.
The Coolite.co may be updated from time to time, and may change the Content at any time. Although the Company makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the Coolite.co, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whether express or implied that the Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Please note the Company is under no obligation to update the Content.
Nothing on the Coolite.co should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction, or to provide any investment advice or service.
Local Regulatory Restrictions
The Coolite.co is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence or otherwise) the access to or availability of the Coolite.co is prohibited or which would be subject to any restriction, including registration or other requirements within such jurisdiction. The Company reserves the right to limit access to the Coolite.co to any such persons. Persons who access the Coolite.co do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations. If in doubt, you should seek independent legal advice.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
THE COMPANY NOR ABDUL LATIF JAMEEL BUSINESS WILL BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
- USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE co;
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON, OR MATERIAL PROVIDED VIA, THE co;
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON, OR MATERIAL PROVIDED VIA, WEBSITES LINKED TO THE co INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT;
- LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A VIRUS, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE co OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT, OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT OR MATERIAL ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT; OR
- USE BY A PERSON IN A JURISDICTION WHERE THE ACCESS TO OR AVAILABILITY OF THE co IS PROHIBITED OR SUBJECT TO ANY RESTRICTION.
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS USER, PLEASE NOTE THE Coolite.co IS PROVIDED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND IN ADDITION THE COMPANY OR ANY ABDUL LATIF JAMEEL BUSINESS ALSO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
- ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
THE Coolite.co IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND ARE GIVEN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN RESPECT OF THE Coolite.co, ALL CONTENT OF THE Coolite.co AND IN THE MATERIAL PUBLISHED ON THE Coolite.co, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT. SPECIFICALLY, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT:
- YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE THE co OR THAT IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE IN ITS CURRENT OR ANY OTHER FORM;
- THE CONTENT ON THE co OR THE MATERIAL AVAILABLE VIA THE Coolite.co, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE CONTENT, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE; NOR
- THE co OR ANY SOFTWARE OR MATERIAL OF WHATSOEVER NATURE AVAILABLE ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM IT WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR DEFECTS, COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT OR FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Children aged under 18
If you are under 18, you must ask your parent or a guardian before you:
- email the co or submit an enquiry
- make a Contribution
- ask Abdul Latif Jameel to email anything to you; or
- Send any information to the Abdul Latif Jameel.
By continuing to use the Coolite.co and any of the services offered by it, you are confirming you have received the informed consent of your parent or a legal guardian.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the enquiry form available on Coolite.co.
Date: (insert the date uploaded onto website)